[plug] Re: Kylix [was stupid subject]

Wayne Vovil smalltalk52 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 09:13:52 WST 2001

Hi

I have bought so called academic priced products many
times, and the only REAL restriction I have
encountered is that you cannot UPGRADE (although even
this is possible in some cases); say that you have a
product version 6.0 and 7.0 comes out, you cannot
upgrade an academic version, you must purchase a
further academic version of 7.0.

However, in all cases I have encountered so far, the
academic price is cheaper than the upgrade!

For info, the academic price of Kylix will be $220.

Wayne
--- madco <madco at iinet.net.au> wrote: > At 14:05