[plug] Linux Mailserver

madco madco at iinet.net.au
Sat Mar 24 10:23:28 WST 2001

Hi

I am trying to set up Linux as a mail server for both local and external
e-mail. I am using SuSE 7.0 and seem to have a problem when it comes to
send the mails from the windows machines with Exchange running. The problem
is that the main Server, which is a WIN NT 4.0 box has to be set up as a
Mail Server in Exchange on the Clients for the company scheduler to work.
Therefore I cannot seem to send email through the Linux server, instead it
goes to the Windows Server and just bounces back from there when the e-mail
is directed to an outside e-mail address.

Christian Muller