[plug] unsubscibe (newbie's perspective)

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Sun Mar 25 23:21:15 WST 2001

When I tried to move my plug mailings to a different email address,
the information contained in the original plug sign up mailing was out
of date.  Emails trying to subscribe and unsubscribe bounced as user
unknown.  If the people sending to the list encountered these
problems, I don't blame them for mailing here.  At the same time, I
couldn't get accurate info from the plug website as it was down, and
the linux.org.au site had outdated information as well.  Eventually I
was able to unsubscribe and resubscribe to a new email address (notice
I'm using start.com.au not netscape.com now) but it was way more of a
pain than it should have been, and took a significant amount of my
time.  I think it would be a VERY good idea to have a one sentence "to
be removed from" line with the CURRENT plug list remove/subscribe
email included in that single sentence.

Ari

Original message from: Mike <erazmus at wantree.com.au>