[plug] Dealing with cluelessness.

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Mar 26 12:01:17 WST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 10:40:57AM +0800, Greg wrote:
> why not just add the footer as already mentioned.
> works for most lists
> my 2 cents worth!

<rant>

What a complete waste of two cents.  Did you even bother to read Greg's
email?  If I were him I'd be either madly frustrated or depressed right
now since he just went to all the trouble of spelling out all the pros
and cons of the available options and you come back with this!  I'm
sorry, but the problem right now is people not reading things and it
really seems like you didn't read either!  Greg has just explained the
cons of the option you have reiterated above.  Do you have anything
constructive to add or anything more substantial than "works for most
lists"?  Is he wrong?  Is there a way we can get people to read those
unsubscribe lines?  Is there a way we can get them out of the way of the
people who already know how to unsubscribe and yet are still effectively
paying (albeit very small amounts of money) for those who don't and are
too lazy to find out?  If you had some answers to these questions then
it would, IMO, be a much better utilisation of your two cents.

</rant>

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C