[plug] unsubscibe ATTN: LIST OWNER

Mike erazmus at wantree.com.au
Mon Mar 26 14:00:10 WST 2001

At 01:26 PM 26/3/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>> See the logic and exception conditions posted to handle this,
>
>Which are followed by a disclaimer from the author that they will only
>handle the bulk of cases. Not good enough. By my reading, it wouldn't have
>handled the case I am talking about. (except maybe the rule that turned
>the filter off for known troublemakers like me. :)

Hang on a minute Greg,

S/w only ever handles the 'bulk' nothing is 100% now is it ?

You must accept it would be a good start and relatively easy to
implement for any expert linux systems programmer,

Any exceptions could easily by handled by the list admin mngr
and bear in mind this is not a static issue, the logic will
undoubtably need adjustment. ie. The admin mngr could monitor
its effectiveness and forward email that were incorrectly
unsubbed in that rare event, look at the history of msgs in
this group over last 2 years or so - my psuedo code sugegstions
would handle that and prune noise substantially,

If anyone has an archive of these, they run the procedure on that
first - no admin involvement required,

Also
If the sub procedure allowed you to class yourself as advanced
vs general or newbie etc that then addresses some unsub issues,
that *in combination* with contextual/syntatical processing
of subject may very well handle others...

Rdgs

Mike
PS: You sound a little like a wet blanket, instead of simplistically
saying it won't work - suggest how to make it work...