[plug] Re: Unix TN3270 program

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 26 20:44:01 WST 2001

Jeremy, have you looked at tn3270 (the program).  Lynx can also handle
tn3270 and Netscape uses an xterm with a tn3270 argument.  I presume
there is another layer of authentication or functionality that requires
the plugins mentioned, but have you experimented with it at all?  I know
little about the tn3270, but thought I'd mention the above in case it
had been missed.  From what I can see its a block mode terminal protocol
using EBCDIC and I think often used as a text mode/simple graphics
display for dumb terminal display access to database servers (I've seen
PICK on IBM minicoms) via simple textual displays - the above programs
may provide enough functionality.

BillK