[plug] PHP compilation

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Mon Mar 26 20:47:05 WST 2001

There is a product from NuSphere (http://www.nusphere.com/) that
will install Apache, MySQL, PHP4, Perl5 and Webmin (check site
for real version numbers) in no time flat _and_ it is dead easy to
use.

I needed a RedHat box up and running at work with the Boss
breathing down my neck and this did exactly the job I wanted.
Naturally you would do it all yourself for fine-grained control but for
a no-brainer, this was superb.

After all the debate about dselect and apt-get, I have had my eyes
opened... The Sendmail issue I had a couple of weeks ago was
sorted just as soon as I 'found' apt-get.

Cheers,
Damion.

--
Damion Hill