[plug] Free CD linux - any good ?

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Thu Mar 29 01:59:37 WST 2001

The quick answer is 'yes'.  However, I'm not sure that the free cd on
the cover of Australian PC World Magazine for this month has a truly
full version of Mandrake 7.2.  Others here may know better than I
though.  Also, I didn't know that 486s went up to 133mhz...did you
mean 33mhz?  The 64mb RAM will definitely help, as KDE won't run well
on anything less than 32mb (I tried on a P75 with 16mb RAM, and it
chugged to the point of being useless, and Gnome would not run at
all).  A 2GB HDD is a good size, any smaller and you risk not being
able to install all you want in the near future :-)

Ari

Original message from: Mike <erazmus at wantree.com.au>