[plug] Free CD linux - any good ?

Mike erazmus at wantree.com.au
Thu Mar 29 03:30:20 WST 2001

TAh Ari,

It is an AMD DX4/133 ie 33Mhz Bus, 4x clocked, though 40Mhz bus, (3.3V)
160MHz units have done the rounds - the limit is the bus width
and frequency though the core is quickish - just upgraded my
old 33Mhz laptop with the amd chip for $20 and works a f..... treat,
trouble is I had to patch the bios to program the chipset otherwise
my disk slowed down...

What I was really wondering about is - will the 486 architecture be
OK - is there a 'switch' conditional setup/compile to exclude pentium
class inst ?

Rgds

Mike