[plug] browsers

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 30 16:12:03 WST 2001

Christian wrote:

> If they made it free software then I'd probably give it a try.  Recently
> though I've tried Galeon and I'd say its just about the best browser
> I've ever used.  The interface runs very quickly (one of the leanest,
> fastest GNOME apps I've ever used) and the rendering engine also runs
> nicely and is a huge improvement over Netscape.  Reliablity isn't 100%
> yet but it still seems pretty solid for version 0.1.

Does it run much better than Mozilla?  I haven't got Galeon to work as
yet and I assumed that using mozilla for rendering it wouldn't be too
much better so I haven't invested too much effort in it.  It really
irritates me that Mozilla expects minimum of a 233 processor when my own
browsing habits and the pages I reguarly visit haven't changed much at
all since the days of using Netscape 3 on a 586.

Regards,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maelstrom.dyn.dhs.org 3.4-STABLE i386
 4:10PM  up 17 days, 23:53, 2 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.05, 0.01