[plug] browsers

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Fri Mar 30 19:07:19 WST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:12, Steve Vertigan wrote:

> Does it run much better than Mozilla?  I haven't got Galeon to work as
> yet and I assumed that using mozilla for rendering it wouldn't be too
> much better so I haven't invested too much effort in it.  It really
> irritates me that Mozilla expects minimum of a 233 processor when my own
> browsing habits and the pages I reguarly visit haven't changed much at
> all since the days of using Netscape 3 on a 586.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
i used to use opera 3 a few years ago on a 486dx40 with 16mb ram. it left ie
3 and netscape 3 for dead in speed and stability ( on win 3.11). the same is
true at the moment opera 5 which leaves netscape 4.7 ( and 6 , and mozilla)
for dead on linux ( and i would suspect on windows 98/me as well).
regards
alan howard