[plug] A drastic response to memory problems

John Breen wombat at wa.apana.org.au
Fri Mar 30 21:39:10 WST 2001

I have, but no tunder Linux.  My expeience of frequent hangs & crashes was
windows 98 on an AMD K6-2 450.  W98 would crash frequently, and W2k/NT4 woudl
crash during the install.  Clocking the beast down to 300 seemed to fix the
problem.  I suspect that 400 would as well, but I have a working system
now....

AFAIR the older AMD manuals (and I'm talking P55 m/b's had a bit in them that
said "there is a stability advantage to running with an integer multiplier
(2x, 3x, 4x, 5x ) to one that is not...

Perhaps a lesson for overclockers here?

--
Regards,