[plug] WebCams & Linux...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 3 13:52:19 WST 2001

Several small application ideas have come up relating to WebCams, so I've been
looking into WebCams and Linux support. Has anyone else played (worked?) with
this before?

Another area had two webcams, a Kodak DVC324, and a Logitech QuickCam Web, both
apparently without any Linux support. I'm considering pleading with The Boss to
get some funds to get our own, specifically for Linux testing.

At the moment, I'm considering the Philips Vesta Pro (PCVC680K), since it seems
decent, and Linux support is available.

Does anyone have a reccommended cam? (Or just general comments on their
experiences?)

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :