[plug] iiNet ADSL experience

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Thu May 3 14:37:56 WST 2001

> In Telstra's case it goes to Victoria.  I don't know how Telstra static
> IP accounts work, I presume the same as iiNet's.

Telstra don't offer static IP addresses on ADSL.

At least, that's what I've been told up until about a month ago.

"Bigpond Direct have all the IP addresses, we're Bigpond Advanced and don't
have any".

?? ... You mean your connecting IP devces without IP addresses? .. "Huh? was
their reply"

No, basically they will have them all tied up in a DHCP stack (with a 24/7
servicve!).

Go figure.