[plug] 'Linux' with Windows (a little OT)

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Fri May 4 21:17:49 WST 2001

> I was wondering, I have a linux box and also a Windows comp both of which I can access the internet through the Windows machine (logic lacking I know, experimental phase) I would like to give the impression that I am using the linux machine when i am on the internet...
> Presumably I do this with headers in IE 5.5 but how exactly??

I wouldn't make that sort of presumption when we're talking about
MSIE... the way I would do it is to run the junkbuster proxy on the
Windoze machine (if you insist) as it allows you to specify an arbitrary
text string to be returned as the user-agent header.  See
http://www.junkbusters.com/ht/en/ijbfaq.html#agent.

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au