[plug] Weird FD0 problem...

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Sat May 5 04:42:49 WST 2001

> Well, it's not a Linux Lab per se. It's one of the PC labs in
> Engineering (204,
> lev 3). I've set it up so you log in to Win95 as a particular
> username, and it
> loadlin's into Debian Linux with KDE 2.1. It's for a UNIX class I
> run for the
> School of Spatial Sciences...

Have you tried booting from another media format other than the HDD (I
gather that is where you are running loadlin from). Maybe some windows virus
scanning program is not letting go of the floppy or something. It would be
interesting to try booting from a floppy disk and see if the problem still
occurs. I believe you had ruled out physical hardware faults as everything
works fine under doze right ?

> > I have never come across that fd0 problem.
>
> Bummer
>
> --
> . Trevor Phillips             -           http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/ .

Michael Hunt