[plug] netscape problem

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Sun May 6 23:21:27 WST 2001

A proxy is one way to get out of a network that is separated from the net by a
firewall.  The settings that you use at work are there to get your desktop
machine at work out past the csiro firewall.  On your home machine, your (I
assume) dialling directly into iinet (judging from the error you got), so you
don't need any proxies set up.  I would suggest changinf the setup to no
proxy.

BTW, netscape 3.04 is quite old now, you may want to upgrade.

Alan Graham

On Sun, 06 May 2001, Rob Dunne wrote: > Hi Bernard, >  > 1) I am using proxies
-- from the .netscape/preferences  > file  >  > PROXY_MODE:             1