[plug] WebCams & Linux...

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Mon May 7 12:34:28 WST 2001

If you're looking for an older type of Parallel port Camera that works well
with Linux, I've got a Colour Quick Cam here that works quite well.
All I had to do was modprobe c-qcam and then ./gqcam and it works fine !

Haven't had the time to get it to do frame grabs and post them to my
webserver yet but the images are quite crisp and clean.
Running it in GNOME the almost-real-time-video works really well too...

My $0.02 worth.

/Kai