[plug] WebCams & Linux...

Mike Roberts mroberts at it.net.au
Mon May 7 16:26:24 WST 2001

On Monday 07 May 2001 12:04, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Actually, the latest driver apparently has a binary core, and a source
> module, so you can compile it for your custom kernel. ^_^

Yeah, the developer has a new NDA with phillips so he can provide a source
driver, it's only the image compression routines (from what I understand)
that have to stay closed source. So it works without the binary, the images
that come out are just smaller.

> > I highly recommend it.
>
> Ok! And the picture quality from the Vesta Pro is decent?

I only have the standard, not the pro, don't know exactly what the difference
is.

If you want to see the picture quality you can see
http://home.it.net.au/~mroberts/cam.html if you don't mind seeing my ugly
mug..

Also I am at Murdoch 5 days a week, so if you want to borrow the cam for a
play let me know.

> Thanks for the feedback!

Mike.