[plug] apropos under Mandrake

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Wed May 9 19:36:56 WST 2001

Oddly enough, I left the machine on for a day while I was trialling some
Delphi stuff that talks to MySQL and behold - a working apropos!

Checking the cron.daily I see that indeed makewhatis is run with the -u
-w switches.

I don't seem to have a man page for makewhatis so I could not say what
these switches do.

Thanks everyone for your time.

K.
ps - you wouldn't be surprised at the difference between a Delphi app
(under Windows) talking to an Access database using ADO (ActiveX
database objects) and the same app talking to MySQL.  The network
traffic with the ADO connection is unbelievable, for an app that only
communicates once per minute.