[plug] pgsql_perl5 compile problem

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 10 16:19:56 WST 2001

Thanks Leon.

Errr...

I thought I'd need an interface between perl and pgsql and then mod_perl in
Apache to make the "linkage" Apache <--> PostgreSQL.  Hence: PostgreSQL,
pgsql_perl, mod_perl and Apache.  If I read your reply correctly though, it
seems I only need the apache_lib_perl?

Is this correct and if so, are there any caveats such as Apache or
PostgreSQL versions?

TIA,
Denis

At 16:07 10/05/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 03:47:41PM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
><snip>

> > That gives me postgres and the perl dbi interface to postgres.  I don't
> know
> > anything about mod_perl BUT I shoul imagine that if DBI works then mod_perl
> > will as well.
>
>libapache-mod-perl will give you mod_perl libraries for apache, or
>you can just use apache-perl to get a statically linked version.
>
>And yes, all that works very nicely work PostgreSQL; I'm currently
<snip>