[plug] pgsql_perl5 compile problem

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu May 10 16:38:18 WST 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 04:19:56PM +0800, Denis Brown wrote:
> I thought I'd need an interface between perl and pgsql and then mod_perl in
> Apache to make the "linkage" Apache <--> PostgreSQL.  Hence: PostgreSQL,
> pgsql_perl, mod_perl and Apache.  If I read your reply correctly though, it
> seems I only need the apache_lib_perl?

You'll need the packages that Tony described, plus apache and
apache_lib_perl or just apache-perl  (for mod_perl -- if you just
want to do normal CGI, you can do with just apache... and I'd
avoid mod_perl unless you really need to optimise something or
write handlers for apache... very messy  :)

> Is this correct and if so, are there any caveats such as Apache or
> PostgreSQL versions?

The versions in potato are fairly new.  I'm using mostly using
woody, which has slightly newer versions, but I've had success
with both.