[plug] RPM's.... finding files in them...

Ambrose Scafidi scafidi at iinet.net.au
Sat May 12 08:50:04 WST 2001

Howdy all,
	How does one go about finding out what files are in an RPM, before
installing it? I recently installed RH7.0 , a daring move, I did a
customised install and not knowing what 99% of the packages were for things
seemed to turn out fairly well. Except for one small niggly little problem.
Somewhere in my quest for space saving I managed to not install certain
elements of the "info" system. In particular the "makeinfo" command.

Where is this file? and how do I go about locating such things given a
whack of RPM's ?

In Zeros and Ones,
	Ambrose.