[plug] Reviews wanted

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sun May 13 18:42:38 WST 2001

On Sunday 13 May 2001 11:48, skribe wrote:

> Perhaps I should have made myself more clear.  I want detailed reviews of
> both Mandrake 8.0 and RH 7.1.  They don't have to be compared, although

Exactly what I was comparing, I swap between the two as I really can't decide
which I perfer.  I guess I lean to RH7.1 for old time sake and better fonts
out of the box.  They have also done a couple of tweaks to KDE which I
perfer.  Mandrake is also not the best for setting up X.  I had to get in and
tweak the XFree86-4 config file it wrote.  Doesn't seem to want to give you
more than 1280x1024 regardless of your hardware.

tony