[plug] Reviews wanted

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sun May 13 17:48:24 WST 2001

On Sun, 13 May 2001 17:28, Tony Clark wrote:

> I'm not sure there is really much to compare between the two.  I've
> installed both here and haven't found that much difference.

Perhaps I should have made myself more clear.  I want detailed reviews of
both Mandrake 8.0 and RH 7.1.  They don't have to be compared, although they
can be.  The key here is detailed reviews.  Not necessarily what you'd read
in a  e/magazine (that would be nice tho =) but information about the pros
and cons of the chosen distribution.  An opinion.  I feel it is better to get
away from the marketing hype and to have some real user opinion regarding the
distributions. That way pluggers (and anyone else who wishes to) can get a
genuine informed opinion about a distribution by the people that use and
abuse it.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

Comparing information and knowledge is like asking whether the fatness
of a pig is more or less green than the designated hitter rule."
		-- David Guaspari