[plug] two flavours of linux (still trying, still learning)

Ari Finander Outrider at operamail.com
Tue May 15 01:06:42 WST 2001

I'm trying to get RedHat7.0 and Debian 2.2r2 to run on the same HDD
using the minimum amount of space.  There was a bit of discussion on this list
a few months ago when I first started playing with this idea (sorry for not
pursuing it, but there were other pressing matters, and RedHat alone worked,
and still works, fine for my purposes).  So far, though, they've been
having trouble with each other sharing the swap partition, /home,
/boot, and /usr.  The trouble comes from different libraries and
versions of programs in /lib and /sbin.  I'm wondering which
partitions they should share to minimise space, and which ones should
be separate?  Obviously they'll be sharing /home, /boot, and the swap
partition....which others would you recommend?  Why or why not?

TIA,

Ari