[plug] two flavours of linux (still trying, still learning)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue May 15 09:40:11 WST 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Ari Finander wrote:

> I'm wondering which partitions they should share to minimise space, and
> which ones should be separate?  Obviously they'll be sharing /home,
> /boot, and the swap partition....which others would you recommend?  Why
> or why not?

You can prbably share /var/spool/mail and /usr/local/

/var/spool/mail is where your mail spool resides, so email received under
one OS is accessible under the other.  /usr/local/ is where you should
install any additional programs that you are not instaling via a package
manager.

I wouldn't share anything else

sharing /usr/ is just a nightmare (as you've found out)

 - Matt