[plug] web access to PostgreSQL

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu May 17 10:26:20 WST 2001

	PHP all the way dude

	Its easy and fast. Very few gotchas. Plenty of pre-existing code
snippets and libraries to use.

	Depending on what you are doing, use MYSQL for speed or postgresql
if you require transactions/advanced locking.

	The only problem is that it has a seperate set of functions for each
database, making  it difficult to swap DBs. This can be resolved tho by
writing your own abstraction layer or possibly one might already exist.

	Ive been more impressed by PHP than I have been with anything in a
long time.