[plug] ethernet lpt server

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu May 17 13:53:57 WST 2001

G'day all
I'm trying to cheap out here and use an old 386 with a couple of
lpt ports as an etherned lpt expander.
I can use lpdsrv on the machine and provide 1 remote printer on
port 515.
lpdsrv only listens to 1 queue on 1 port and prints to 1 lp port.
I should be able to put another server on the same machine using
port 516 and another lp port, but I'm not sure if lpd can spool
to anything other than port 515. Has anyone done this?
I'm booting completely from a floppy into a small ram disk
(4M) so I can't use a full lpd spool system.
I would have put
:rm=192.168.1.10:516: in my printcap, but the colon is a reserved
character in the printcap file.
Any ideas if I can get it to print on 516?

TIA

--
Brad....
                   /"\