[plug] ethernet lpt server

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu May 17 21:53:46 WST 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Yeah, it's not the binary size, it's the spooling space.

Well, NFS will fix that.

> I want to avoid the double spooling, and not install samba on the second box.

So you are saying Samba doesnt let a windows client control a remote
spool? (ie remote to samba)
I can see the problem in that. Not so sure why you dont want two sambas.

> Clear as mud?

Clear enough. Sorry I cant add more. Maybe a samba guru could help.

Of course, if you really want lpdsrv to use a different port, it should be
trivial to hack the source code. Ah, the pleasures of open-source.
[cliche Obiwan Kenobe paraphrase deleted]

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--