[plug] Consulting

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.ii.net
Fri May 18 13:36:01 WST 2001

>The RHCE was simply for interests sake, and 4 more letters after my
> name :)

Argh fair enough, but its not worth the paper its written on IMHO.
But to the clueless (clients) it looks good! :p

> 	What you said about not promising what you cant deliver is true, and
> holds true across all IT and not just Linux Consulting.

Exactly, but I know of people going in gun-ho and then f**king a whole
system.

> 	Bright people? Hopefully Ill survive with my IQ of 51 ;-)

No when i say bright people, I mean people that are simply brilliant, they
know the OS inside out, something us meer mortals will hopefully oneday
acheieve :)

> 	Yeh, the basic idea would be to provide a set of services that I
> *can* handle, while developing open source software to extend that range
> (and also enabling others to). A recent idea was to write a smallish
> application in NCURSES that would sit on a Internet Cafe server and manage
> time, cost etc.

Yeah, thats the best way to go! Im wanting to get into the Postgres -> CGI
field. Basically writing task tracking systems, or internal ordering
systems. Simple stuff that can make alot of money for the consultant.