[plug] Consulting

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Fri May 18 14:47:16 WST 2001

	Have you got time to expand on this a little?

	I want to do something similar with my laptop

	The great thing is, you can learn something new every day. For
example,
	since my LapTop moves around a lot, I wanted a way to change the
setup
	automatically when I use PPP, and then set it back when I plug the
wireless
	card back in and bring up Eth0.

	I already knew about /etc/ppp/ip-up.local, but a little rummaging
around in
	the network startup scripts turned up /sbin/ifup-local ... Perfect
for what
	I want.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com