[plug] Mail backlog

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun May 20 11:42:22 WST 2001

List,

I recently realised that when I switched my mail from going to my own
machine to going directly onto the server, that I forgot to change my
fetchmail to send it to the server too. It's taken me a while to realise
(about 6 months) and I now have about 1300 messages in
/var/spool/exim/input/ which are 'frozen'.

I changed the exim configuration to deliver to the new server and then
unfroze the queue... I was hoping all the messages would just be passed to
the server. Only problem being is that the messages themselves are
actually addressed to a different address at a different domain, so the
server attempts to send them there.

Basically how do I configure Exim to pass ALL the mail in it's queue to
one mailbox? Else I figure I might simply write a script to go through
each message in the spool, chop off Exim's headers and dump it into my
mail spool. Good/bad?

I'm running Exim 3.12 (where all the frozen mail is), and my actual new
mail server is running "Sendmail 8.9.3/8.8.7".

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Bernard.

--