[plug] X Problem

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed May 23 22:21:00 WST 2001

I have also seen this where the video card, X and the monitor get mixed
up and the screen appears multiple times in the horizontal or partially
offset as described.  It was due to picking monitor frequencies that
were not supported and it was trying to do its best!

work up from there.  the X based installer uses very very conservative
settings to enable it to work on lowest common denominator hardware.

BillK