[plug] X Problem

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Wed May 23 21:56:15 WST 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Mark Nold wrote:
> 1. Any idea why X appears to work well in the install but not apon
> trying to use it?

Wild stab in the dark... The install is using a different resolution to X
normally and the screen can't handle X's higher resolution? Try running
through the resolutions in X with <Ctrl><Alt><NumPad +/-> to see if any
work.

In the resolutions which run off the screen, can you scroll around within
them with the mouse? (ie, they're not virtual desktop sizes. I'd doubt it,
but worth a check)

> 2. Any idea how i could refresh my screen so that i can recover
> without having to reboot?

Run the X setup program? ;)
I think it's XF86_Setup. Or if you can force the X server to use the
lower-res mode then it might solve it.

HTH,

Bernard.

--