[plug] DNS problem

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Thu May 24 10:03:06 WST 2001

I run an internal 'wireless' domain on my DNS server that services about 10
machines
connected through various means on my wireless network.

As long as you make a tld and correctly qualify it in bind it will work
internally as if it
was a real domain.

So Yes, you need a fake domain OR you can make each machine its own domain,
however to make this later method work you will normally have to type
everything with
a dot after it such as server.  bigkahoona. in order for anything to work.

I use the first method and have *.wireless, if I put: domain wireless
in my /etc/resolve.conf file it will append wireless to any unqualified
host names i enter,
so i can just refer to machines like you suggested without specifying
'wireless'.

Ryan