[plug] Linux, Oracle, Palm oh my...

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Fri May 25 22:14:50 WST 2001

Hello everyone, a couple of questions in one go..

Does anybody out there have a copy of Oracle 8.1.7 for linux? Any chance of
getting a copy on CD rather than the HUGE download (yes im modem impaired).

Also does anybody actively use linux and a Palm pilot with Infrared? Any simple
run downs available on syncing and installing from a linux box to the Palm
(with IrDA) I just got the thing to beam to the Palm this arvo but cant get the
syncing going.

I'm venturing into the world of the linux desktop, any recommendations for a
good (hopefully KDE) text editor for X? Should have syntax higlighting for
Shell, Perl, PHP and C... I did see "Kate" but this seems to be part of KDE 2.2
and im not really ready to jump on and use everything from the latest CVS (it
will be part of Kdebase for 2.2 so it means a dev version of Konquerer and just
about everything else...) Or has anybody compiled (or is that Kompiled... its
the only thing i have against KDE its all the krazy Kthis and Kthat...)

Last but not least since i want to also start playing around with MySQL and
Postgress can anyone recommend a good free DB Browser? (one for Windows would
be nice too)

Any help on any one of these would be great...

Mark Nold
markn at enspace.com
Senior Consultant

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.