[plug] 1. Meetings 2. Firewall

WFerrara at vicpark.wa.gov.au WFerrara at vicpark.wa.gov.au
Mon May 28 13:43:43 WST 2001

Hello!

Sorry if this is not the correct approach - but I only subscribed today.....

1..Can you advise when the next CLUB meeting is?  I am a new convert to
Linux, and I would like to join the Linux club.

2..URGENT.  As a non-experienced Linux convert I want to know if I can use
Linux for a secure firewall instead of purchasing a fortune in hardware and
software.  We have an NT-based network with modem dial-up to Internet.  I am
about to design and connect to the Internet via a permanent (static-IP) ADSL
connection and need to protect the system.

Any assistance would be most helpful - and welcome.

Regards,
Wayne L. Ferrara
Information Systems Project Officer
The Town of Victoria Park