[plug] Re: Feedback on GEM

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Mon May 28 18:57:44 WST 2001

> Gem Service Centre wrote:
>
> Dear Jeremy,
>
> While we have endeavoured to make Gem accessible to as wide a range of
> suppliers as possible unfortunately Gem will not work for Linux

It probably could if your Web people tried a bit harder.  I have found
other WA Government departments that have the same policy, and it is
alienating an increasing number of voters who use Linux, including very
many business people at whom http://www.gem.wa.gov.au is aimed.  I have
looked into why your GEM site does not work, and luckily, the solution
to the problem is very simple and will only take a few minutes of work
by your system administrators on your Web server.  You can read http://
groups.google.com/groups?rnum=2&ic=1&selm=372DF35C.29E8%40byronc_.com
for links to the instructions.  Better still, you could avoid requiring
the use of Flash altogether.

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au