[plug] Debian CD's covers and Computer Science courses

Fabrício dos Anjos Silva fasilva at dpi.ufv.br
Tue May 29 23:41:10 WST 2001

    Hi all,

    I have two messages: one about Debian CD's covers and one about
Computer Science courses.

Message 1

    I have made some very nice Debian 2.2r3 binary CD's covers. For
those interested, you can go to the following URL:

http://www.iinet.net.au/~silva/debian_cd_covers/

    There is a PSD(Photoshop) file with all the logos and titles as
layers, which is good for those who want to modify it. To make life
easier, I have already created PNG files for all the four binary CD's
(1,2,3 and Non-US). The covers are simple, but they have a very nice
look and feel.

Message 2

    I have already studied 2 years and a half of Computer Science (not
in Australia) and I intend to continue my studies for one more semester
here in Perth. My doubt is about which university to choose. It seems
that the two best ones are UWA and Curtin. Since there are some students
from these universities on the PLUG list, I would appreciate if you
could send me your opinions about the university in which you study. I
want to know how theory and pratical issues are balanced, if you think
the course is well organized, what do you think about the professors and
how informal and funny is the studying environment. Your opinion will
help me a lot.

    Thanks,

--

Fabrício dos Anjos Silva <fasilva at dpi.ufv.br>