[plug] RH7.1 kernel rebuild boot problem

psteege at tpg.com.au psteege at tpg.com.au
Wed May 30 01:24:13 WST 2001

I loaded RH7.1 with no problems but noticed it had not found my
tekram scsi card.  I rebuilt the kernel and did a "make bzImage"
because the "make zImage" gave me an error about the kernel being to
large.
Everything (make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install) all ran
without error.  I did a cp to move the new kernel to /boot and I
modified the lilo.conf to add the new kernel and label=linux and
changed the previous kernel to label=old_kernel.  Ran lilo with no
errors.
I rebooted the system and lilo gave me the option of booting linux or
old_kernel.  I selected linux, but it just sits there saying "booting
kernel".  I reboot and the old kernel still works.
Is there any additional work I need to do to use a bzImage kernel?

Regards,
Phil
Steege