[plug] Debian CD's covers and Computer Science courses

Mike Roberts mroberts at it.net.au
Wed May 30 15:48:46 WST 2001

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 11:00, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> Murdoch:
> Honestly Christian is the only person I've heard say anything good about
> the CS program at Murdoch.  I've had friends go through Murdoch.  They
> found the content lacking and the lectures uniformed.

I am currently in my third year at Murdoch and am enjoying myself there. I
have a close friend studing CS at uwa (also in his third year) and after
sitting in on some of his lectures and talking to him about it i recon the
two courses are about the same.

The one thing that Murdoch does have lacking is the amount of Post-Grad
students around. This becomes apparent in the tuts when you end up with some
tutors who have no idea.

The course work is good, the information relavent, the only complaint I do
have (and I have expressed this to the staff) is that I have yet to have an
assignment that really challenges me.

Thats my three cents.
Mike.