[plug] Weird keyboard, laptop, Mandake 8.0

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Thu May 31 07:42:36 WST 2001

I've just blown away my perfectly good red hat 7.0 install on my laptop
to play with M8.  It's very nice, works fine, except that the keyboard
mappings aren't right.  When I'm logged in as me using gnome, the r key,
the esc key, single quote and double quote, and the caret, don't work.
When I'm logged in using KDE, or as root using either, all keys work
fine.

When I installed M8, I kept the /home filesystem.  Which means that the
user has (probably) the same .gnome settings as I had under red hat.
Unfotunately, I don't know where to start.  Should I just blow away the
user definition and build it?  Or is there an easy fix to correct the
key mappings?

Thanks

Alan Graham