[plug] Weird keyboard, laptop, Mandake 8.0

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu May 31 13:23:51 WST 2001

	HEH... this is good fun

	I had the same problem, where my keyboard was set to UK. Some keys
wouldnt work etc. So what did I do? Logged in as root and changed it to US.

	Problem was, next time I went to login, I realised that my password
wasnt accepted, because it had some non-alpha chars in it, and these had
shifted.

	Unfortunately, one of them was the UK pound sign :)

	So, I couldnt login to change the keyboard back so I could change my
passwd. In the end, I think I located the ASCII value for the pound sign and
managed to login, instantly changing my passwd.

	Good fun, good fun.