[plug] Telstra Sat

Joel Fraser joel231 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 12:46:02 WST 2001

A mate of mine has the one way sat it is good, the speed is good for the
first month but if ya download to much the speed slows down alot, as for
the support with linux he tells me that there are none out there that he
can find and they have to run it on either Win 98 or 2k, if u r interested
i may be able to find out what type of cartd they r using.

Cheers Joel Fraser

--- Brian Tombleson <brian at paradigmit.com.au> wrote: > Does anyone know
about the Telstra Sat Internet system and how to use it
> under Linux?
>
> I believe there are two systems - a one-way and a two-way.  I know
> someone
> who's getting the one-way and wants a Linux box to handle the connection
> istead of shelling out for MS platforms that are all that's supported.
> Telstra support are hopless as they can't even give me a model of the
> PCI
> card used.
>
> Thee's three issues that I can see:
> How does the routing work?
> Is the PCI card supported (FCCID:??)?
> How does a firewall work?
>
> The answer to the last question is "It doesn't." - which is a real
> worry,
> but can anyone help with the other two?
>
> Any pointers appreciated.
>
> - Brian.