[plug] Telstra Sat

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Thu Nov 1 13:12:17 WST 2001

> > I believe there are two systems - a one-way and a two-way.  I
> > know someone
> > who's getting the one-way and wants a Linux box to handle the
> > connection istead of shelling out for MS platforms that are all
> > that's supported. Telstra support are hopless as they can't even
> > give me a model of the PCI
> > card used.
> >
> > Thee's three issues that I can see:
> > How does the routing work?
> > Is the PCI card supported (FCCID:??)?
> > How does a firewall work?
> >
> > The answer to the last question is "It doesn't." - which is a
> > real worry,
> > but can anyone help with the other two?
> >
> > Any pointers appreciated.
> >
> > - Brian.

I'm not entirely sure how the process would work through Telstra's
sat systems but I know it will work under linux and has worked under
linux for some time. My school runs a sat link with an old release of
Redhat (5.0 or something?). You may want to look at the Satellite
Howto if you already haven't

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Sat-HOWTO.html

Should give you some ideas of the issues involved.

- Paul