[plug] [OT] Work

Simon Scott Simon.Scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Nov 1 18:21:17 WST 2001

	Listing a skillset would be giving too much away :)

	OK, lemme try

	PRO-IV (BTW, its an antique language that a lot of high-end business
systems are written in - an early RAD language)
	OpenVMS (Vax or Alpha - tis all the same)
	*nix (d'uh - or should that be *n*x??? :) )
	Database Design - Relational or non-relational (or, when it comes to
PROIV on Oracle, a bit of both :))
	Oracle Administration (otherwise refered to as a DBA :)
	Oracle Developer (Forms 4.5+, Reports 2.5+, backend work, PL/SQL)
	HTML/PHP/Whatever you think is the latest and greatest
	Large Financial Systems Analysis - I almost became a BA until sanity
prevailed :)
	Good Superannuation Knowledge (Ive been working in it for 4-5 years,
and failed in my attempt not to pick any of the business up)
	I hate to admit it, but Access (all versions) and SQL Server (boo
hiss) and Windows *.

	Generally Im pretty good at Getting Things To Work (tm) and picking
up weird technologies and making them not look so bad.

	However, at the moment, with the way the IT scene is in Perth, does
anyone need their lawns mowed? :)

	Have fun

	Perhaps, listing the skillset would be useful, in a message such as
the
	above, so that anyone who sees it, and knows of any possibilities,
could
	make suggestions, based on the skillset. Does the skillset include
	database development, or accounting systems? In what
	languages/applications, do you have significant experience?

	What is Pro-IV? It sounds like a hotted up pentium pro, though I
doubt
	that VMS (if that is VAX-XMS) would run on an intel or intel clone
chip.

	--
	Bret Busby

the system manager.