[plug] [OT] Work

Clinton Butler misprint at bizzpro.com.au
Fri Nov 2 13:33:34 WST 2001

I know I am the one that started this topic many, many moons ago. I
return with another request for the same cause but now I have more
qualifications (well.. more bits of paper that say I'm better). I have
now completed Secondary Education with these grades:

Industry Information Technology 	- A
Business Information Technology 	- B
Interactive Media 			- A
Senior English 				- B
Work Studies 				- A
Furniture Design and Technology 	- B

I know this does not mean a lot to many people.. but the first three
subjects are computer related and I have been working on 90% of the work
under Linux to present on a Windows platform at school. Industry IT was
more skills realted with hardware, whereas Business IT was more of a
concentration on keyboard skills and document layout. Interactive Media
is a subject with more of a functional output into the IT field (my final
project was a game for children, which I programmed in JavaScript and
HTML, and placed into a browser front-end with an auto-load cd for
windows, as it's the OS mostly used in schools). If anyone wishes to see
this project (to see what I can do) I will be placing it on my server in
he next few days @ http://victory.net.dhis.org:3876/fadv/index.html (just
make sure you use a JavaSCript 1.3 compatible browser) but give me a few
days to set everything up and find time to configure it for web use (as
it's built for CD/HDD use).

I am looking for a position with a company building browser-based
applications. I know JavaScript well and I am willing to learn new
languages. I like a challenge and do not give up easily. I found a place
through JobSearch but nothing too good, and it required a lot of
languages for a junior to know. The requirements were :
HTML, ASP, C++, XML and SQL.
There are not many juniors that know SQL or C++ at the present, that I
know of. Also, since when was C++ used for Web? The position was for a
Web Developer Junior (Programmer). The company is Virtual Impact
Productions Pty Ltd. Anyone ever heard of them?

If anyone knows of any good positions available around the Metro area for
a Junior Web Developer/Programmer please email me (off-List). I have a
resume setup and I can write letters of application, if so required. I
also have a flexible timetable and can work almost any hours.

Awaiting a reply in hope and high spirits,

Clinton Butler

_____________________________

||     |||||||    |||    ||       ||   |||||||   ||||||    ||||       |||
    ||||      |||