[plug] Telstra Sat

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Thu Nov 1 18:29:48 WST 2001

Thanks Paul (and others),

From: "Arkem" <arkem at mornmist.2y.net>
> I'm not entirely sure how the process would work through Telstra's
> sat systems but I know it will work under linux and has worked under
> linux for some time. My school runs a sat link with an old release of
> Redhat (5.0 or something?). You may want to look at the Satellite
> Howto if you already haven't
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Sat-HOWTO.html
>
> Should give you some ideas of the issues involved.
>
> - Paul

I wasn't aware of the Sat HOWTO (should have looked!).  But ironically it
indicates my worst fear:

Section 2.7- What ISPs give Sat Internet Access?: "DirecPC but this use a
proprietary sat card"

Guess what system Tesltra use.

Thanks for the help.  We'll try to "improvise, adapt and overcome".

- Brian.