[plug] e-smith anyone?

Craig Reynolds reynoldscraigr at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:21:50 WST 2001

>From: Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au>
>To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
>Subject: Re: [plug] e-smith anyone?
>Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:35:04 +0800
>
>Craig Reynolds wrote:
> >
> > I have looked through the diald information and found a setting called
> > redial-limit or something similar (dont have it handy at the moment),
>but
> > this does not seem to work. I have also been told by someone that redhat
> > does not have the capability to do this, so do you happen to know if it
>is
> > possible, and if so, how to do it?
>
>Try adding/changing "PPPOPTIONS='maxfail 10'" in
>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 (YMMV with respect to 10 and
>ppp0).

thanks, I'll look into it. Might not be quite what I'm after but. The
e-smith setup works by having custom templates that you change and then run
a program to generate the /etc/diald.conf file from the changes you have
made within the templates.

©raig ®eynolds
"Just Because this is never going to work is no reason to be negative!"